There are plenty of times where you and your family are planning vacations or trips, but you can’t quite sure decide on what to do. A family camping trip is something you should consider. Yes, you may not enjoy the sound of “camping,” but there are plenty of options Suwannee River Rendezvous can offer to you and your family.
Benefits of Camping
When camping with your family, you’re creating memories that
can be cherished for years to come. Camping allows you to explore and adventure
with the ones you love. There are many reasons why families camp, and here are
some of the most beneficial:
- It reduces stress – families deal with daily stresses all the time, whether it has to do with school, work, sports, social situations, or other events. Camping will make your family embrace the wilderness and forget about your everyday stresses.
- Stronger relationships – you may build stronger relationships with siblings and parents. Sometimes our day-to-day activities don’t allow us to build strong relationships but being out in nature and exploring can rekindle those, especially when it comes to a fishing excursion.
- Unplugging – unplugging from all unnecessary distractions in our lives can be extremely healthy and beneficial to family members. It forces us to talk and gain a deeper understanding of each other when we aren’t so connected to the internet, TV, or social media.
- Great Meals – cooking when camping is always a great time because it gets the whole family to participate in the prep and cleanup. Your family can learn new recipes and creative ways to cook. If you’re looking to take a small break from the camping cooking routine, you and your family can always check out the Cookin’ Shack at the Suwannee River Resort and Campground.
Suwannee River Rendezvous!
We invite families from everywhere to come join us at Suwannee River Rendezvous in Mayo, FL to stay at one of our lodging facilities on our campgrounds and resort.
Our place is filled with exciting exploration opportunities
and activities including fishing, hunting, kayak and canoe trips,
entertainment, and events.
Contact us at 386-294-2510 today!
Many unseasoned camping vets have trouble figuring out what
to make for camping meals. Some people aren’t prepared before going on a
camping trip with the family. We want everyone who is going camping to know
that there are easy camping meals for the whole family to enjoy.
Mountain pies are extremely easy and fun for the whole
family. What you’ll need is a cast iron pie maker, which you can purchase at a
very reasonable price at many different stores.
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Loaf of bread
This can be an easy nighttime snack around the campfire or
even a dinner meal for family and friends. The benefit of this meal is that
it’s cheap and tastes great when camping. All you have to do is spread butter
on 2 slices of bread, add sauce, pepperoni and cheese on one slice, throw in
the cast iron pie maker, and cook over the fire. Remember to flip the pie
For a little bit more of a meal, the campfire frittata is a
delicious one. This one is an easy quick recipe that will be great for the
family waking up in the morning before the daily camping activities. You will
need a cast iron skillet to cook the meal in over a fire. Note: a lid is
recommended, so you don’t burn the bottom of the eggs before cooking the top.
- Vegetables such as sweet peppers and onions
- Meat (optional): sausage, beef, chicken, ham
- Cheese (optional)
To make sure you don’t burn the bottom of the eggs is to
layer the bottom of the pan with vegetables. Then, pour the scrambled eggs in
the skillet on top and add the meat and other ingredients. Use the lid to cover
the top and keep an eye out for when the eggs are done.
For more easy and delicious campfire meals, check out these awesome ones!
At Suwannee River Rendezvous Resort & Campground, we offer an amazing place in Mayo, Florida to go camping and adventuring. From kayaking to hunting and fishing trips, we have it all. We also offer lodging at our grounds. Contact us at 386-294-2510 today!